You’ve applied for your medical cannabis card and it has finally arrived in your mailbox. First of all, congratulations on getting this far! Welcome to the Illinois Medical Cannabis Pilot Program. You are a member of an elite group of people. So, now what? If you have never used cannabis or if you are someone who used it 10, 20 or 30 years ago, you may be feeling somewhat stressed about what to expect when you visit your dispensary for the very first time. As every dispensary is unique and has different operating procedures, this post takes you through all the steps necessary to have a pleasant, fruitful and stress-free first visit to Midwest Compassion Center.
Midwest Compassion Center is located in Romeoville, off I-55 and Rt 53 in a strip mall directly off Rt 53.
- Upon entering, there will be a glass window where a knowledgeable budtender will greet you.
- You will be asked to present your Illinois medical cannabis card and an Illinois ID. As long as your card is valid and you are registered at MCC, you will be buzzed through the security doors into the waiting area. FYI: If you are changing from another dispensary, call ahead to make sure that the change has gone through. Typically, it takes 24-48 hours for a dispensary change to be processed.
- New patients are required to fill out a small amount of paperwork.
- One of the MCC staff will sit down and work with you to determine how best to meet your needs. They will ask if you have had past experience using cannabis, what condition(s) you are treating and which delivery methods you are comfortable using.
- Your budtender will accompany you to the digital live menu in order to create your custom order.
- Next stop is the live menu. Your budtender will walk you through product recommendations, cannabinoids, dosing and treatment plans.
- Once you choose your products, your order will be placed and you will continue to the purchasing windows directly behind the product counter.
- You will need to bring cash to pay for your entire transaction, although there is an ATM in the dispensary. The recommended amount is $100.
- If you are an inexperienced medical cannabis consumer, please come at least an hour before closing time. You do not want to have to rush through your consultation!
In order to streamline your visits to MCC, we offer our patients access to our online menu with easy ordering. Our website contains detailed information on each available product with lifelike photographs in order to make the selection process as easy as possible. All staff members are available to give advice and make recommendations.
Additional MCC services which set us apart from other dispensaries:
- Upcoming sales and event announcements sent to you via email
- Patient outreach director available to provide one on one assistance to all patients
- Trained and experienced staff
- We value quality over quantity and only carry products from cultivators we trust
- Military veteran budtenders
- Online ordering
- Price matching
- Easily accessible location
- Video chat with patients who need additional assistance beyond your dispensary consultation
Exciting New Services We Will Be Offering Soon:
- Free Cannabis Education Classes with Tutorials on Infusions, Topicals, Edibles, Tinctures
- One on One Consultations on Strains, Delivery Methods and Accessories
- Patients Socials for patients to get to know one another
- Video Demonstrations on Strains, Delivery Methods and Accessories