One of the minor side effects of medical cannabis oil is the flavor. As many have pointed out, it takes some getting used to. So, this article is for all you newbies who are looking for ways to mask the flavor of cannabis oil. Here are some suggestions for you:
- Put the oil in a spoon with applesauce and just swallow it
- Eat a spoonful of peanut butter before and after ingesting it sublingually
- Put the oil on an oyster cracker and allow that to dissolve under the tongue
- Put the oil in tea with honey and add mint which really masks the taste. Strong flavors like coffee and vanilla also mask the taste of cannabis oil.
- Make your own candies and edibles so that you can tweak not only the dosage but also the flavors
- Float the oil on the top of any HOT beverage and ingest it on the first sip. The oil will not melt if your beverage is not hot! Don’t mix it in as some of it will stick to the sides of the cup which is a waste!
- Put the oil on a banana
- Another great suggestion is to buy empty vegan gel-caps…apparently better than the non-vegan ones…and fill them with oil ahead of time. Store them in a cool, dark place. Use as needed. Please note that since they are being ingested rather than used sublingually, it does take longer to feel the effects. Also, you will not lose any of the benefits of the oil by using gel-caps. Make sure they are stored upright, otherwise they may leak…and that would be a terrible waste!
- Instead of using oil, one patient has made her own honey-canna-coconut oil mixture with flower. She adds it to her herbal night time tea. She swears by it and has eliminated muscle relaxers and sleep meds. Here’s a video link to her recipe.
If you have any other suggestions, feel free to leave us a comment. The more the merrier!